With the changing trends of page ranking and the focus being on E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness), SEO backlinks are one of the most important elements in getting a website to the top of the rankings. Google has been measuring a website’s trustworthiness based on the backlinks it detects from other domains.
Backlinks make it easier for Google to find and index a website. If your site does not comprise quality backlinks, search engines may take longer to discover it, especially the new ones.
Backlinks act as “votes” that inform Google whether or not a website is trustworthy and that the content on the site is valuable, credible, and brings value to the business. As a result, the greater the number of these “votes” you have, the better your site will rank in Google and other search engines.
When one website links to another, it creates a backlink.
There are 2 types of SEO backlinks.
The “Do-follow links” which are used to boost your ranking and help you climb the SERP ladder, and the “No-follow links” are required for a website to appear natural and blend do-follow and no-follow links. These also increase traffic and exposure.
If you are thinking of using one of the two link strategies you should always determine which sites you want your work to be mentioned on, and you must always bear in mind that they should be related to your topic, otherwise search engines may flag your content as “Spam”. However, if the material is not so relevant but you still require a link, the No-follow link strategy is the better option.
Finally, ensure that ad links, affiliate links, and related links are NOT Do-follow.
How do SEO backlinks work?
A website with a lot of high-quality backlinks is a good sign for search engines, as they act as web page reviews that inform the audience and Google that the material is reliable. Companies want to get backlinks from trusted and relevant sites in order to show the importance of their content and website, in order to get a better ranking and visibility.
The challenge now is, how do these sources/backlinks pass on credibility?
Once a backlink is set, you need to understand how much authority it will bring to your website. This is where the concept of “Link juice” comes in.
Link juice is slang for how much power a backlink transfers on to another site to strengthen it.
When one website links to another (Do-Follow), it transfers some of its positive attributes and so provides a recommendation from the search engine’s perspective. The more link juice passing from a link to a linked site, the stronger the recommendation is.
There are two types of link juices.
The “External Link Juice” which is power transferred from another domain, and the “Internal Link Juice” sent on to other internal subpages via internal linking.
If you want to improve your ranking and online exposure, attract more users, and increase traffic, you must pay attention to the following aspects.
- Domain authority – Many SEO tools give domain authority to websites, allowing site owners to rate the website’s potential on a scale of 1 to 100. It takes into account links, content, technical SEO, and a variety of other factors. Inbound connections and root domains are also essential too.
- Website credibility – The quality of SEO backlinks is also determined by a website’s credibility. Sites that are secure (i.e., use HTTPS), have nearly no Google penalties, and have low spam scores can generate a more reliable backlink to your website.
- Content relevance – To prevent your website from being spam, you need to examine that you have backlinks from relevant sites. It is critical for Google that the backlinks on your website look real.
- Do-follow and No-follow links – Although No-follow links do not directly affect your rating, they do help bring in additional traffic. Ensure that you have an adequate number of Do-follow and No-follow links to increase your ranking and traffic.
- Anchor text is the text, or more particularly the keyword used to create a backlink to a website. Anchor text should be specific and contain relevant keywords to bring the utmost value to your backlink.
- Number of Links – A backlink found among thousands of links on a single page is unlikely to be as valuable as one found among fewer. Therefore it will be harder to find your link among hundreds and click through to your content.
- Links need to be visible to your visitors, therefore if they are placed in a website’s footer or on the side, they will act as advertising links and may have a big influence on your website’s reputation and rating.
How to create high-quality backlinks?
There are a number of Black Hat techniques used to generate SEO backlinks. They may have short-term benefits but these techniques are likely to affect your site’s reputation and authority (in a bad way), and eventually bring a bad ranking in the SERP.
On the other hand, White Hat techniques create high-quality and more trustworthy backlinks.
- The best strategy to create SEO backlinks is to look at what your competitors are doing, such as where their backlinks are coming from and how authoritative they are. Look for broken pages that receive backlinks; they could be a good opportunity to contact the link giver and create backlinks for your website. AIn addition, keep an eye out for competition mentions on social media, forums, or websites.
- Why not invite someone from outside your organisation to create a blog to be published on your website?
This technique is also known as “Guest blogging”, and is used to attract new clients and engage with people who are interested in your industry. It also helps in brand exposure, content creation, and SEO growth when using the relevant keywords to your links.
- Content promotion is an efficient method of attracting authoritative companies in your area who may offer you backlinks. You can do this by sharing your material through social media, influencers, bloggers, and other key people.
- Publish guides are mainly educational which can add value to SEO. Choose a topic that includes keywords, and adheres to SEO guidelines to create posts that are valuable for readers and help them find solutions to their problems.
Having all these in mind, obtaining unique and authoritative links is critical for getting a better ranking on search engine results pages. Google’s link-evaluation algorithm now prioritises quality links, making it more difficult to obtain high-quality backlinks as part of your SEO Cyprus plan. External links are still important though, so you should consider developing a link-building strategy to boost your search exposure.
And let’s not forget about the content! If your information is relevant to your target market, there is a great opportunity to get backlinks from reputable and authoritative sources.
Therefore and to put this whole context into simple words, focus on finding the solution to people’s problems whilst adding value to your business, and you will see your website among the top rankings.
Want to know more or create backlinks for your website, but not sure where to start? Don’t worry! Here at DomainStar we have the right team and tools to help your business excel in a competitive industry and transform your domain into a star!
Visit our website here or contact us directly on 22781802.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it has been proven that backlinks is a known ranking factor that can affect your Google Rankings.
Especially if you have backlinks from high authority websites, then this will definitely help your website’s SEO.
In order to understand what a backlink is, let’s take DomainStar into consideration. We have thousands of backlinks coming from third party websites. An example would be a blogger who owns a blog website and wrote an article about the best SEO provider in Cyprus. Linking back to us makes this a backlink.
There are various types of backlinks in SEO such as Guest blog Backlinks, Editorial Backlinks, Webinar Backlinks, Business Profiles’ backlinks, Acknowledgement Backlinks, Free Tool Backlinks, Comment Backlinks and Badge Backlinks.
You should focus on getting backlinks from Authoritative websites (high Page and Domain Authority scores) and backlinks that the anchor text includes the target keyword.
A backlink, also known as an “inbound link” or “incoming link,” is created when one website links to another. The link to an external website is called a backlink.
Let’s say you have a blog post about “Best Italian Restaurants in Nicosia” on your website. Another website, a food blogger, finds your post informative and links to it in their own blog post about “Top Foodie Destinations in Nicosia.” This link from the food blogger’s website to your blog post is a backlink for your website.
A good backlink in SEO is a link that comes from a high-quality and authoritative website that is relevant to your website’s content. Here are some characteristics of a good backlink:
- Relevance: The backlink should be from a website that is relevant to your website’s content. For example, if you have a website about fitness, a backlink from a health and wellness website would be more relevant than a backlink from a food blog.
- Authority: The website that is linking to your website should have a high domain authority and page authority. Domain authority is a metric that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines, while page authority predicts how well a specific page will rank.
- Trustworthiness: The website that is linking to your website should be trustworthy and reputable. Backlinks from spammy or low-quality websites can actually hurt your website’s SEO.
- Anchor text: The anchor text, or the text that is used to link to your website, should be relevant and descriptive. Avoid using generic anchor text like “click here” or “read more.”
- Editorial link: An editorial link is a link that is given naturally by a website without any solicitation or payment. These types of links are considered more valuable by search engines than paid or sponsored links.
Overall, a good backlink is one that is relevant, authoritative, trustworthy, and given naturally by another website.
Backlinks can hurt SEO if they come from low-quality or spammy websites. These types of backlinks are known as “toxic backlinks” and can result in penalties from search engines like Google. Toxic backlinks can be created intentionally by competitors or unintentionally by using black hat SEO techniques like buying links or participating in link schemes.
In addition, having too many low-quality backlinks or having a high ratio of backlinks with exact match anchor text can also hurt SEO. This is because it can appear to search engines that the website is manipulating its search engine rankings by using unnatural linking practices.
However, it’s important to note that not all backlinks are bad for SEO. High-quality backlinks from authoritative and relevant websites can have a positive impact on a website’s search engine rankings.